Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Introduction

My name is Stacey and I'm 35...er 36 years old. Funny how your own age means nothing once you have kids! I have to ask my oldest how old I am sometimes. Anyway, I am mom to three girls, age 17, 7, and 3 months. Yes, I spread them out. I had my first at 18, so spreading them out is a good thing.

My reasoning for starting a blog occurred a few hours ago when I realized I was supporting other moms online through message boards and Facebook and not venting and sharing my own wacky experiences. 

I recently decided I could not leave my baby and would not return to my job as a full time special education teacher. Luckily my partner is very supportive and silently agreed by process of elimination to be the sole provider. Being in public service, the providing won't be that great. Things will be tight. I take it month by month and cry pathetically when it seems impossible and start looking at job openings until something saves us and gives me more time (paid family leave, tax refund). I am so desperate to stay with my little love I have resorted to making my own baby wipes, laundry detergent, and all-purpose cleaner. Sure it feels good to be "green" and not use a bunch of chemicals, but honestly it's to prove to my partner that I can live frugally and deserve to be home. I clip coupons, go through ads, unplug everything to save energy. I struggle to cook and clean and make everything perfect. I am in total denial this will work, but I'm gonna ride it out as long as I can!

Join me on my journey from career woman to stay-at-home mom and all the craziness that comes with it! Wow I was able to type all this in a 2 hour span, being interrupted only 3 times!
 

3 comments:

  1. Taking care of a family and a household is hard work an you are doing such a great job at it. I will support u anyway I can and I always appreciate what you do. Stay strong and know that some how we will get by. :) thank u for being a wonderful partner and an amazing mother

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you honey! That means a lot to me xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like you're doing an amazing job Stace!! Its the best feeling to have someone supporting you 100%!

    ReplyDelete